Valentine's Day was kind of a big deal around here!! Nora has been excited about it for about a month and her excitement was kind of contagious. It started the weekend before when Nora and Wade gave me a "heart attack"! I was with Audrey at a bday party for her friend and when I came back they surprised me. They cut out a bunch of hearts and put them on the back of the door. Nora was being so patient waiting for me to find it, but how often do I look at the back of the door? She eventually told me that she needed to show me something and BOOM...there it was! So cute! I loved it! It's still up there, too!
That afternoon, Nora told Wade, "Mommy cooks for us all the time, I think we need to go out for dinner so that she can have a GREAT February." I was down with that!!! She's so sweet and thoughtful OR does she just know what to say to get her way? That little girl LOVES to go out to eat. It's kind of funny!
On Sunday I decided to make the girls some valentines day shirts! They picked their material from scraps and I went with it! I got the idea here except just cutting out a heart was easier than cutting out a word! :) Audrey has a skirt that matched her heart, but Nora had nothing and everything needs to be even around here so I had the idea of putting ruffles on a pair of Nora's pants. I seriously don't know what got into me. I guess I was feeling adventurous! My mom taught me how to make a ruffle during Christmas, so I thought it would be super easy. It wasn't that hard, but did take a lot longer than I anticipated. Oh well!
The final project was totally worth it!! Being a mother/photographer I've learned the art of quickie photo sessions with my kids. Seriously, If I cant take the picture withing 60 seconds it's not gonna happen. I have to admit, I'm totally SHOCKED Elise cooperated at all!!! SHOCKED, I tell you!!
last year I downloaded some freebie photoshop templates for vday cards for the girls at eighteen25. This year I figured I would do it myself...why not?? So these are the ones I made and I also shared the love with my fans on my photography fan page!! It was so fun to see how many people liked them and downloaded them! fun, fun!!!
Nora with her's and the special handmade valentine's that she made for each of her classmates!
This is all Elise really cared about during valentines day! She REALLY loves candy, or just food in general!
My sweet Audrey with hers! Look at that mischievous face!! :)
We made cookies (by "we"I mean "I") the night before to pass out during Nora's lunch and during Audrey's V-day party!!
Nora get's so excited when I go to lunch with her!
Audrey's class sang us some "love" songs!:)
After school we headed off to a Valentine's day tea party. You can check that out here! But first, I had to leave a little gift for the Hubby!! Nothing crazy or over the top, but I had to let him know I was at least thinking of him amongst the chaos of a busy Valentine's Day!!
That night we came home and made mini heart shaped pizza's. The girls helped shaped them and then added their favorite topping which were pretty much the same as the toppings I gave them...coincidence?? LOL! :)
Final product!
The fam! Ya know, every once in a while I have to throw in a picture of me so you know I really exist!!
After dinner Wade gave us a treat!! He brought home some Little Debbie valentine brownies!! He knows they way to our hearts! :)
To top it off, at the end of the night I got into bed only to find a package of Ferrero Rocher's!! They are the BEST chocolates on earth! YEP! We are a chocolate loving family!!! :)
It was one HECK of a Valentines day for us!! I hope they LOVED every minute of it, but now I'm pooped!!
Now, on the St. Patricks day...just kidding! I'll just make sure they have on some green and that'll be about it! :)













No comments:
Post a Comment