Sunday, February 5, 2012

thoughts about us

I'm gonna start with this picture... 
To you it may look like some over the top brownies and well, yeah, they were!!  But to me, they were something more!  They meant that someone was thinking of me.  A friend made me these after I helped her arrange her family pictures on her wall.  This same friend also knew I was struggling lately with feeling overwhelmed and anxious!  Nothing SUPER major I guess.  Our house in Arkansas has been vacant for almost 4 months after our renters skipped out on the lease.  And the hubs is facing unemployment.  He's currently training (through the AR national guard) here at FT. Gordon.  We were supposed to be here 18 months so he quit his job in Arkansas.  After his other training course was dropped (not surprising...that's how the military rolls.  Never get comfy with anything) we're left to find employment by the end of March. 

I have NO doubt we will get renters and I have NO doubt my hubby will find a job by then.  But the worry and the "what-ifs" and the waiting can be so OVERWHELMING, can't they?  I've had to really learn to rely on the Savior.  Prayers and fasting and reading have all helped me to, "Be still, my Soul".  You know that hymn?  We sang it today at church and we'll, it's pretty much AWESOME!!  I just love that first line..."Be still, my soul", PERFECT!!!   Only my loving savior can comfort me at times!

I have to say though, friends come in at a close second!!  :)  You see, when my friend brought me those brownies, just the idea that someone was thinking about me meant SO much.  Now, let it be known, I have many other friends that have listened and offered a kind word or two or twenty. But there's just something about an act of service that can really sooth your soul!! 

 One more thing before I move on the fun stuff, While in the midst of my trial, I realized that we all have trials.  Some bigger, some smaller, but they are ours nonetheless!  I ran across this saying and I LOVE it!  It's just so true!
  It makes me sad to know that so many others are struggling too for one reason or another.  But, ultimately, that's what life is about. But the good news is that we have a Loving Father in Heaven that loves us unconditionally and a Savior that took upon the sins of the World.  I mean, He really knows how we have all felt at sometime or another.  Also, we have each other, we can help comfort and uplift one another when times get low.  I am so thankful the Lord has blessed me with such  wonderful friends and family!!  For REALS!!! :)

OK, moving on...

These little girls are  SO silly.  They have to sit on the same side of the table at every meal.  There's 3 other sides, but they all want to sit together.  Elise is always in the middle!

Wade took Audrey and Nora to see the "Princess and the Pea"at a local theater.  They loved it.  It's pretty much an old run down theater downtown.  You can bring in your own snacks and it's VERY affordable!  I took the girls in the fall to see "Cinderella".  They enjoy it so much!  It's so magical to them.  I'm not gonna lie, kind of lame from an adult point of you.  But SO fun for me to see them get so giddy about it! :)

This is how Elise goes down the stairs.  I would show the video, but I don't put videos on my blog, b/c can't put a video in a blog book.  A picture speaks a million words!!  I'll just keep my videos on my external hard drive to view whenever I want.  Ok, I digress...anyway, she just slides all the way down on her tummy.  None of my other kids did this.  They would just try to take tiny steps one by one.  Elise has just found a more efficient way to get down.  Ya know, she has to keep up with her big sisters!!
Nora is such a little artist.  She just starts to do little crafts without my knowledge.  This day she started making a boarder to go around her room.  I LOVED the chevron pattern she came up with.  VERY "in " right now! hehe! :)

this is also from the crafty mind of Nora Bolinger!  She decided, on her own accord, that she wanted to make hand made valentines for each of her classmates.  After she had done about 15 i realized what she was doing.  I was AMAZED!  She spelled each of their names (or her idea of how their names are spelled...lol). and written a little note complete with "Love, Nora".  She has totally turned into this thoughtful, helpful, and loving 6 year old.  It's amazing to think about 3 years ago she was driving me CRAZY!!!  :)  I just love watching these little girls of mine grow!!

A few more things I want to remember.  I mean, I can't take pics of EVERYTHING, OK?!  :)
I took Audrey to a mommy and me gymnastics class.  To say she LOVED it was an understatement.  She talked about it ALL day.  She can't wait to go again.  She is still talking about it all day!  I kind of feel bad I haven't had her in something like it before.  But I guess between all the chaos of 3 little kids, I just didn't think about it.  To be fair, I have thought about it, I guess I just didn't think it would matter that much.  But, BOY was I wrong!!  I'm so excited that we have found something that she seems to love, for now anyway! 

Elise is SO funny!  She is a VERY empathetic child.  The other day all 3 girls we outside playing when Audrey fell and hurt herself.  She sat down on the patio and was crying.  When Wade went outside he found Elise huddled over Audrey rubbing her back trying to console her.  Elise was visibly upset by it as well, so when Wade walked outside Elise ran to Wade to be comforted b/c her sister was upset!  Silly little girl.  Poor Audrey, who was actually hurt, had to wait to be comforted.  But, I guess Elise WAS hurt emotionally.  I was impressed that a 14 month little baby was aware that her sister was hurting and trying to comfort her.  I LOVE sisters!!   



No comments: