This little girl turned 15 months about 2 weeks ago. She is just growing up in too fast.
I gotta write down some stats and memories before I forget them. Just the other day I was thinking about all these memories I had when Nora was a baby. I can remember SO much, but then My memories of Audrey and Elise as babies just aren't as clear. Has this happened to anybody else? It's not that I don't love them as much, but I guess I've been just so busy taking care of all the kids that my mind just doesn't have the focus...I guess?!! Any other explanations out there? I know I'm not alone. Whenever my own Mother talks about babies, it's ALWAYS about my big brother Steve. My sister and I always make fun of her for it too. But, I guess we reap what we sew, huh?
Anyway, @15 months this little girl weighed 21 lbs and is 32.5 inches long.
To be honest, I can't really pretend to care what her stats are right now. Maybe I'm a bad mother, but it's just a bunch of numbers..whatev! But, I know someday I'm gonna want to know so I post about it! :)
Funny thing is, Nora also had her 6 year well visit..yeah, She turned 6 years about 3 months ago. If it wasn't for scheduling Elise's appt, I probably would have COMPLETELY forgotten about it. I really should change the title of this post to "confessions of a BAD mother"! LOL!
So, as I mentioned earlier, not much has been going on around here other than life. So I thought I'd at lease write down some fun things the girls have been doing and talking about!
We've had some VERY nice weather here in GA. Our neighborhood park has sand in it so it's fun to go barefoot. Personally, I like to pretend I'm at the beach! :) These are Audrey's and Elise's feet! CUTIES!!
Sweet Nora. She always does the sweetest things! I'm lucky she's the oldest b/c she'll be such a good example to her sisters. But if you knew us when she was about 2 or 3, you would've thought one of us wasn't going to survive. It's kind of like how Audrey and I are now. But, I know there's hope...hopefully.
Anyway, my point of that was to show what Nora did for me one morning. I was rushing around getting Elise and Audrey dressed and Nora draws this and tapes in on my computer. I thought it was so sweet yet a little sad, b/c she clearly wanted to put it somewhere that I would see it ASAP. So where better than my computer...haha! :)
This was Nora on Sr. Suess' Bday. I had to post this picture b/c of her curly hair. We sponged rolled it the night before and she was SOOOOO proud of it. Poor little girl has the thickest straightest hair ever. Just know, that the curls were nonexistent by the time she got home. :(
Nora also told be the other day that I looked so pretty in my glasses when I'm dressed. I assuming this roots from the fact that I was dressed with make-up on and everything and most of the time I'm wearing my glasses is when I'm fresh out of bed in the morning in Pj's and messy hair. And YES, I do take my kids to school looking like that. Thank goodness we don't walk to school. But, I couldn't help but giggle at that comment. I love how little kids give complements.
About a month ago I had to opportunity to go to the Columbia, SC temple. I don't get to the Temple very often, but when I go I just LOVE being there. There is such a sweet spirit there, seriously, It truly is the closest place to Heaven on Earth.
Anyway, before I left, I told the girls where I was going and Audrey said, "You going there to get married?!" with such excitement!! I told her no, that I was already married to Daddy but I'm going to spend some time with Jesus. That seemed to satisfy her curiosity...for now!
Speaking of Jesus, I seriously LOVE how my little girls just LOVE to learn about Him and well, Just HIM in general. The other day at the dinner table there was an empty seat. There's always an empty seat, but I guess it was just obvious that day. Nora said, "When there's an empty seat at the table I think it means Jesus is sitting there." I thought that was such a great reminder to us that Jesus is always with us. Sometimes, my kids are the ones that teach me or remind me of what's important.
Back to Audrey...we were listening to Pandora the other day while cooking. A sad love song came on, I think it was "Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perri. Audrey was listening to the music and said, "Mommy, why she sing so sad?" I was floored. AMAZING how she could tell that is was a sad song! It really is amazing how music effects us. Another lesson learned there!! I guess I better get rid of my gangsta rap station on Pandora...LOL! :)
Elise is not saying much these days, but she LOVES to say, "BYE" and wave. It's actually a LONG drawn out "bye" its just too cute. I could listen to her say it all day. She of course never says it on cue. She'll tell you bye after you've tuned and walked away.
Oh! And Wade said just the most ADORABLE thing the other day...hahaha, just kidding!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment