Saturday, December 7, 2013

Camping -- Good Ole Family Fun!!

So, we love to camp...correction, my hubby and kids love to camp! I just go along with it b/c I'm awesome! lol!  Wade say's I lied to him when we met, but I never said I liked camping.  I said, "My family used to camp a lot when I was a baby, I know they enjoyed it".  He  simply assumed that I meant I enjoyed it too. haha!!

This Fall we went to F. D. Roosevelt State Park here in GA. There was a geocaching convention there that weekend too. Wade and the girls have done a few around here in Fayetteville, so it was fun to do some as a family. 

The weather was perfect Friday when we got there, then it rained all day Saturday.  That was pretty miserable for me, but it didn't slow anyone else down.  The girls loved it! Boy they got messy, but it didn't matter to them on bit!  I think that's half the reason they like camping so much. 

We started the weekend off right with roasting hot dogs.

The girls really helped out setting up camp.  They all helped moved the food tent.  LOL!

They had a litlle Halloween festival that night.  We went on a haunted hayride and hot to ride a pony.



I ate a fried oreo...it was yummy!  How couldn't it be?

Silly girls in the rain...




We enjoyed some hiking and looking for geocaches...










Then got some ice cream.

This little guy hung around camp all day.  I think the rain got his wing wet or something.  He just stayed right there all afternoon...weird!

What is it about kids and sand?

Nora was Daddies little helper...


Such a mess!!!

All showered and ready for bed with a good night story from Daddy!

I may not enjoy camping 100%, but I do enjoy spending time with my family...especially watching my girls have such a good time and watching my hubby being totally in his element.  It always makes for great memories!!

No comments: