Saturday, October 18, 2008

45 seconds faster!

I got bamboozled into running another 5k last weekend!!! Kidding, I wanted to give it another go or maybe my ego couldn't turn it down when asked if I was going to do it! ;) Anyway, I ran it a whopping 45 seconds faster than my last 5k. I was pretty proud considering there was a HUGE hill, even worse than the hill of my 1st 5k. This hill just went up and up and never went down. It slowly elevated. Even experienced runners would pass me saying, "that hill is gonna be a killer"! And it WAS!! As much as I hate running I love the whole running world and atmosphere. At this specific race I got a 20 minute massage for FREE!! Love IT!!
Well, here's some fun pictures....
Me coming in for the 45 minute faster finish! ;)

Nora chasing after me at the finish line...I got a ribbon and they gave one to her too, It was cute!

Me and my friends Jen, we are both newbies to running. Neither one of us really LOVE running but we want to keep doing it! Color us crazy!


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Ashley Terry said...

That's awesome!! I want to be able to do one of those one day. I don't love running either, but it looks so fulfilling! Go Nicole!

Anonymous said...

Nicole, that's great! When I get into better shape, I Would love to run with you! :)

heidi said...

color me impressed!!! good job! and nora is too cute.

Jadie said...

yeah, you're crazy all right! The 20 minute massage ALMOST makes it worth it, though.

I love the picture of Nora running after you!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Nicole! My first 5K is this upcoming Saturday. Fortunately it is a night run, so maybe no one will see me having to take walking breaks!! ;o)