We gave our costumes a practice run for Halloween at a party given by a friend of mine. It was a lot of fun for the family! Wade was a jack-o-lantern, Nora was a lady bug, Audrey was a bubble bee, and I was an obnoxious 80's housewife with my rolled up jeans, tacky Halloween earrings and even worse Halloween sweater and a bright orange turtleneck! I was truly scary!! ;)
There was a cake walk, games, food, dancing, and even Karaoke!! And my, my, my how Nora is her Mother's daughter. I, of course, was Karaoke-ing. Nora got to the microphone first and I couldn't get it from her. So, YES, my 2 year old and I were competing/fighting for the spotlight. I finally had to resort to trickery!!! I had to find the microphone that wasn't plugged in and give it to her so she would let go. Finally my chance to sing the heck out of, "We built this city on Rock and Roll"! ;) I did and there's NO shame in my game!
There was a cake walk, games, food, dancing, and even Karaoke!! And my, my, my how Nora is her Mother's daughter. I, of course, was Karaoke-ing. Nora got to the microphone first and I couldn't get it from her. So, YES, my 2 year old and I were competing/fighting for the spotlight. I finally had to resort to trickery!!! I had to find the microphone that wasn't plugged in and give it to her so she would let go. Finally my chance to sing the heck out of, "We built this city on Rock and Roll"! ;) I did and there's NO shame in my game!
The Hostess...pay close attention to her lovely banner that I made! ;)
Wade and the bumble bee, aka Audrey!
Nora and ONE of her MANY cupcakes of the evening!
Mother and daughter as we pause from entertaining the crowd! J/K

8 comments:
How fun to do a practice run for Halloween! I love this time of year. It was 2 years ago that we were all at the Simpson's for a Halloween party and you were cracking me up with your outfits. Somethings never change. Looks like fun.
you are beyond clever. but don't go falling in love with that sweater! i want to borrow it soon!
Ya'll look so cute! I love the lady bug and bumblebee costumes...And, what a sweater you have!
80's housewife--hee, hee! I was making fun of those clothes even back then: because 1) I was too cool back in the day and 2) yes, I'm that old. The girls look too cute!
Forgot to ask a mommy question (since you are SUPER mom to girls)...Sofi is sleeping about 9.5/10 hours a night. What diapers do you use, that provide nightime protection? Sofi is leaking through her diaper at night b/c she is sleeping so long...(Help!)
Thanks, Nicole! And, we LOVE Pampers Swaddlers too. We are experimenting with different brands, but nothing is like Pampers. And, we will try making sure that Sofi doesn't have anything at least 30 minutes before bed. I knew you'd have great advice!
The girls looked so cute. It was such a fun party. After everyone had gone I finally ared to Karaoke.
Looks like you guys had a blast. Wish we could be near you to celebrate Halloween and see you in that sweater!
Post a Comment