
Ahhhh! It's fall and I love it! There is just something about fall that sends me back in time. I guess it's the crispness and a different smell in the air, the colorful leaves falling, and there's a different tint to the light that falls across the land. If you know me at all I am sure you think I am being sarcastic, but I am so for real! I really do notice all those things when fall hits...especially the "tint" of the light. sounds crazy but there has got to be someone else out there that has noticed that...Huh, anyone?!?
Anyway, Fall always sends me back in time to HS football games and bonfires (homecoming and parties out in the middle of nowhere), and falling in love for the first time. And when i think about it... most of the times I have fallen in love have been in the fall. Wade and i fell in love in the fall, granted we were on different continents and had never met, but we fell in love, nonetheless, and during the fall season!! ;) I think of skipping class in college, and the breeze running through the trees on campus! I know, I'm getting cheesy again! ;) I also think of fall festivals and silly activities like outdoor movies and chili cookoff's (does chocolate chili ring a bell to anyone?) I used to do with the gang from the Atlanta days.
I just love fall! It's my favorite season!! I can't wait to see what fall looks like around here. I hear it's beautiful! the leaves are just starting to fall and we just busted out the jeans and long sleeves this week. Can't wait!! But the breeze and the tint of the sun is already here, oh and the smell in the air!! A couple years down the road I will look back and think of my little kids playing in the leaves and dressing up for Halloween, eating chili and cornbread with friends, and creating new family traditions and memories.
OK!! enough is enough! Now I ask you... What do you think of when fall comes every year???
9 comments:
I totally agree...and just went to a HS football game last night!
miss you! wish you were going to be in S.A.
I think that Winter is just around the corner. Bleh! I also think of soup and wassail and pretty colors, but winter...bleh bleh bleh...come back summer!
You must not have had to rake leaves as a kid? Seriously though, fall is great! College football, candy corn, cooler nights, and raking, raking, raking (now I use a gas powered leaf blower). It really does smell different; dead leaves?
Fall is my favorite too, if you couldn't tell. When I think of fall I think of home, bottling, harvest, cozy, and most of all my favorite pumpkin.
Well Nicole you sounded awfully poetic in your description of fall and I loved it. It is a beautiful and exciting time-for me because all the bugs here in Arkansas finally freeze to death-Ha!
I love fall too. I love the warm colors and cool air. I want to stay inside all summer and be outside all fall. I don't know if it's the light or the smell or just plain relief from summer heat, but I get giddy when I think Fall is here.
Fall is my favorite season! You are right, fall is the season for love :) I always look forward to driving the Blue Ridge Parkway yearly or driving to the Brasstown Bald! Both are amazing drives...
new clothes! what else is there?
I love your description of fall--it's perfect and so, so true! I know exactly what you're talking about with the different light and the smell--I love the smell! Although, I have to say spring is my favorite season, fall is definently a very close second!
Post a Comment