No worries, I'm NOT preggo! ;) I am officially a broke down and delerious stay at home mommy! ;) YOu see, about a week ago Audrey woke up really early one morning. I was so tired I just got her and brought her back to my bed to feed her...I NEVER DO THAT!! We'll I took off my glasses and laid them beside me so I could get comfy. Well, next thing I know Nora is coming in my room crying about something and so I jump up and of course, roll over on my glasses and bend one of the sides. Now my glasses are all gimped up. They weren't broke just slanted...
Anyway, The Point is I just finished taping the side of my glasses with tape. Yep!! I can't believe it myself!!! As I was doing it I has flasehes in my mind of the MOM steroetype with the brokedown clothes and wild hair, embarassing their child in front of their friends. I mean, I have scotch tape on the side of my glasses for goodness sake!! And that means I truly felt it was a good idea long enough to ACTUALLY do it!!! When I think about it I was actually quite proud that when I took out my contact I hada pair of somewhat trendy glasses to put on (unlike the ones I has in college...if any of my old roomies are reading this). But that is no more...I have MOM glasses. ANd who knows how long I will live like this. As if it isn't enough to go to the eye doctor to pay for an exam AND contacts, now I have to get NEW glasses! The truly disturbing part of all this is the fact that the tape really works. And if I don't look in the mirror, I could actually forget the tape is there! SO SAD!! ;)
7 comments:
You are by far not even close to the raggedy old stay home mom. That is awesome that you taped your glasses though.
Classic! Get a photo of these glasses so we can laugh/ I mean comment on the quality work you did with the tape. ;o)
I'm so happy for you! Are you ready for girl #3? :) JK I wish I could post the same news;) Don't worry...even with tape on your glasses I'm positive you don't look like the old woman in a shoe;)
LOL! Welcome to our glamorous world, girl! PS: I didn't know Wade wasn't in the military anymore--huh. My family needs to talk to your family more often, it seems... :)
If anyone could make taped up glasses look good, it's you.
How funny! I am sure that I am not too far behind you. Sofi is always grabbing my glasses off my face...I agree a post of the glasses is needed...
How funny! I would love to see the glasses, I have never been able to get tape to hole my glasses together.
Post a Comment