I've been tagged...I ususally never do these but I figured I would give it a go. Well, that and basically I was CALLED OUT by my friend Katherine. She apparently thinks I talk about my kids too much. But off all things to tag me with...My Quirks!! So here are the top 5 (or 6)
1. I blog for comments! Some people blog just because they want to share what’s going on in their lives. While that is true for me as well, what I really want is a comment! ;) Maybe I’m just needy and need constant validation; OR maybe I just know that somewhere in your mind is a thought and I am curious as to what that thought may be as you read about and look at pictures of my family. I mean, that’s all. If you know me well, then you know I am a tiny bit nosey! ;) So, if you are reading this and have NEVER left a comment, please do so now! ;)
2. Socks! My husband brought this to my attention as we were newly weds. I HAVE to wear socks to bed. If not, my feet get cold and I can’t sleep. But, I guess what makes this quirky is that I always take them off during the night. Of course when Wade brought this to my attention when we were first married he thought it was endearing or cute, but now I am pretty sure he thinks I am just weird and can’t make up my mind!
3. Keys! I ALWAYS loose my keys. I don’t know why, but I just can’t EVER seem to remember where I last put my keys. You would think that after about 15 years of driving I would learn to pay attention to where I place my keys. I seriously loose my keys once a day, maybe even twice!! If you have ever lived near me than I have probably lost my keys in your house at some point or another?
4. Bows! My girls HAVE to have bows in their hair! Audrey still doesn’t really have the hair needed to obsess about bows…YET!! But, poor Nora has to have that bow in her hair. Even if we travel, or run to a store a bow is in her hair. Admittedly, my obsession had even rubbed off on her. She gets really upset when I take her bow out at night or even to redo her hair during the day. If there is no bow, it’s the first thing I notice. To me her hair is just not “Done” with out a bow. I have tried to buy cute barrettes just to make life simple for me, but it’s no good. I have to have the bow!!
5. I have some OCD tendencies!! A couple things I am OCD about: I can’t go to bed with a messy kitchen or living room, I hate water drops on countertops…kitchen or bathroom, I have sores on my knuckles from washing my hands so much ( I swear I can feel germs), the shower curtain has to be closed, everything has to have a place (which often leads to lost items b/c I can’t recall it’s “place”), obviously hair bows, being on time, and even my email inbox.
6. I think there is only supposed to be five, but I called around and apparently I have a universal quirk…I have a LOOK! I guess it’s an annoyed or disgusted look. If you have been around me during the course of a conversation I am sure you have seen this look. Many people from different phases of my life have imitated it and it’s always the same. What can I say!! Think of it as a look of endearment if you have ever been on the receiving end of the “look”!!!
So know I am supposed to tag some people so here you are, in no particular order Candi Longnecker, Christina Copeland, Joey Campbell, Amy Scofield, Jennifer Schafer, Heidi Simpson, San Gray, and Laura Williams. And if you so fell inspired, GO FOR IT!
11 comments:
I find it impossible to sleep in socks but I understand the neat freak thing. Since I am tagged I will come up with a list of my quirks and post them on my neglected blog as per requisite.
UNDER PRESSURE! I love that you caved to my beggings...you wouldn't think it that difficult to get you (or any of our other friends with little one's) to talk about themselves, but goodness it IS!
Thanks for playing along...I'll tag you more often ;)
p.s. thanks for the talk tonight, you really do amazing work for someone who only plays a shink on television!
Nicole!!!! Your family is so beautiful! I also blog for comments at www.knittingewe.blogspot.com
(e-mail to follow)
Allena
Nicole - You make me laugh! I was the same way with Sarah about bows and it has slowly faded! :) And I completely understand the socks, I sleep with socks but mine stay on all night.
I blog for comments too. Sad, but true. A girl can never get enough validation.
OK, I didn't get tagged, so, well...... I have no comment. I feel left out...........
Lol!! You just made me afternoon with a lot of out loud laughter! Your a riot! In a good way. ;o)
blogging for comments? who does that? seriously.
i start the night with socks on and then end the night with socks off.
scarlett still can't wear anything in her hair. but we are working on it.
You are the quirkiest of all my friends - in a good way. I don't think anyone can say your name without being reminded of a funny story or thought about you that makes them laugh - You are many peoples sunshine!
I'd hate to contribute to your # quirk, so of course I'll comment. Yes you have a look, but we all love it and everything else about you.
I LOVE this. I also wear socks to bed, can't go to bed with a messy house, I too have a look, have OCD tendencies, lose my keys at least twice a week, etc. You made my day with these!
Post a Comment