Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter Weekend EGGstravaganza!


Easter Weekend was a lot of fun for our little family.  Saturday was a BEAUTIFUL day.  It was a little chilly but the sun was out and the breeze was perfect.  That morning there was an Easter Egg hunt at "The Church on Pinnacle Hills".  Seriously, this was the Fastest Egg hunt EVER!!  They had separate fields for big kids and little ones, but it didn't matter!!  This egg hunt was over in about 45 sec.  Nora was able to get about 3 eggs and Audrey ONE!!!  Poor gal, honestly, I don't think it really mattered!


Nora getting ready for the race, I mean, Egg Hunt!!!

Just the girls!

Nora and her THREE eggs!


Then, we took it to the house and colored eggs!!  This is the first year we did this as a family.  I probably could have done it with Nora last year, but after the Christmas cookie fiasco of 2007 I wasn't quite ready for another holiday tradition with a 2 year old! ;)  Anyway, she is 3 and was WAY on top of things.  She allowed me to show her in the beginning, then it was "move over mommy and let me do it my way"!!!  She didn't really say that, but that is what her attitude said.  But, don't get me get started on that little girls attitude, and my sweet little baby seems to be well on her way to adopting the same attitude as well.I have to admit, I kind of like their attitudes.  Well, just say they are "mini-ME's".   I'll just have to save that for another post! ;)



Easter Sunday the girls woke up and it was Rainy and FREEZING! YUCK!!!  There goes our perfect Easter weather! The girls, got their baskets and we had another little EASTER EGG hunt in out house.  Then we got all dolled up in out Sunday Easter dresses, well, Wade had a suit! ;) haha!!  And of course I took a picture of that!

Their Easter baskets, Nora gets socks for whatever holiday it is and she LOVES it!!  Audrey will get them too one day, but for now she doesn't seem to like and/or care about socks!

Audrey and her PEEPS!! ;)

JUST US!!  Sorry about cutting Wade's head off!  But the rest of us look Fabulous, Ok, Ok, it was just a really good one of me so I had to go with this picture!! ;)



3 comments:

WesnKim-sidebyside said...

How fun...
Did the girls ever get the Easter Box we sent?
Love ya,
Us

heidi said...

hi. you are gorgeous.
and i am certainly surprised that you didn't teach nora to throw a few elbows in order to get more eggs? what, are you softening up on me?

Katie said...

how precious is your family!!!! beautiful.
i posted this comment under the one you just left me:

_____

Hey Nicole, I actually just ordered the book "No Cry Method: Naps" as well as "The Happiest Toddler on the Block". I am looking forward to them coming. Babies their ages NEED sleep day and night. A non-napping baby is an overtired baby. So I am doing everything I can to regain control of naptime! If you want, give me your email address and I will send you my friend Anne's advice. This is our first day trying it and it is WORKING!