Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Way Random...and a little embarrassing!

To preface the story there are two things you need to know...one, I lived in Washington St for the last year and a half of High School and two, I work a couple mornings a week at the front desk of an athletic club. So on with the rest of the story...

This afternoon a kid (probably 16 or so) came to the gym to workout. He didn't have his key chain thingy so I had to check him in. When he told me his last name I was immediately sent back to my Senior year and the remembrance of my HUGE crush!!! If you knew me then you probably remember this guy. One thing about me, from back in the day, is that I was queen of crushes. I crushed and I crushed Hard, but often! ;) "I'm not a playa' I just crush a lot" I would have to have been my theme from HS through college!! Anyway, back to the story. This particular crush in Washington State had a somewhat different last name. So who wouldn't have thought about him when the young kid checked into the gym this afternoon???

So being the chatty Cathy that I am I said to this kid, after he told me his last name,"That's funny, I had the BIGGEST crush on a guy in high school who had the same last name." He became very interested in that statement and asked me questions about him. I ASSURED him he didn't know him b/c not only was this 12 years ago it was also, THOUSANDS of miles away in Washington State. So I humored the kid and then he asks me his name. It took me a minute to think of his name, b/c most of my crushes have nicknames and they will have that nickname for the rest of their lives. But, when I said his name, the kid says, "Oh, that's my uncle!!!! At this point I am thinking,"WHATEVER! your real cute kid". But I must admit, there was a family resemblance and the kid knew details... So, of course I play it off and laughed and make jokes about it. I told him he should tell his uncle about this, that would be SOOOOO hilarious. PAUSE: why do I do things like that? Why can't I just stop talking???!!!! UNPAUSE. Anyway, I know this kid will tell his uncle and I will probably be hilarious to him considering I was kind of weird when I moved to that school. I totally hit a "PHASE" when I lived in WA!!!

So after it was all said and done, I was a little embarrassed and then I realized that I didn't really care. Now I just think it's too funny! I mean really, this kind of situation would ONLY happen to ME!!! I told the story to Wade and he could just see how the story would turn into, "you have the obsessed old crush at the gym I workout at!" HaHa!!! I have the BEST hubby! ;) I guess if your husband can't make fun of you than who can?!?!?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wierd coincidence! It seems you know many people here in NWA from different stages of your life!

Jessica said...

That's funny. So you see the kid all the the time?

heidi said...

girl. you have got to see a picture to see how this crush turned out. that would make the story complete.

Heather Loper said...

That is crazy!!! Small world I guess.