Monday, October 4, 2010

The Big Sister Chronicles

So Nora definitely takes on her big sister role well! She tries so hard to be helpful to me AND Audrey. When it comes to clean up time she ALWAYS bites the bullet and cleans up ALL the toys, even if Audrey brought them out!

Like any 4 year old, Nora looses track of what she's doing, so to keep her on track Wade came up with an idea. When it's clean up time he tells her whatever toys are left out he is going to throw away. Mean, I know, but it keeps her focused, b/c EVERY toy (crappy or not) is VERY special to Nora. She is kind of a hoarder that way, LOL!

So last night after she picked up all her toys Wade found a pair of little sunglasses on the table. Both of the girls LOVE their sunglasses. So Wade, of course, had to tell her that he was going to have to throw them away, expecting nora to jump and pick them up. Well, instead she said, "That's ok, go ahead an throw them." I told Wade they must be Audrey's..and SURE enough they were!!!

I don't know why, but this cracked me up SOOOOOO much! That little girl is no dummie. (A) she knew they weren't her's and therefore didn't really care, but I can't help but feel that (B) Nora realized that that little sister of her's NEVER helps her clean up. I mean, we tell her to but she picks up like one toy and then disappears. What a smart, yet kind of mean, sister Audrey has! You gotta love BIG sisters! :) I know my big sister was VICIOUS with her little antics towards me! HAHA! But, we, little sister's somehow LIVE to TELL! :)

1 comment:

The Grays: said...

This made me laugh out loud because I can totally see Sofia doing this to Giuliana :-)