Sunday, October 3, 2010

Family HIstory

As I've gotten older I've started to appreciate family history. I'm not to the point yet that I enjoy actually DOING genealogy, but I have finally found myself enjoying learning about my family. Both of my girls have middle names from our family history and this third little girl is going to have a first and middle name from our family history...that will be revealed VERY soon!

Anyway, during our travels this summer we had a reunion with my Dad's side of the family in Salt Lake City, Utah. We have a reunion every three years with his brother and his family and we chose Utah this year b/c that is where a lot of my paternal ancestors are buried. So it was like a family history reunion. I really enjoyed it.

So below are a couple pics of the kids at my paternal grandparents gravesite. I just thought it was really special!

And for a SPECIAL treat I also was able to take a pic of Wade's paternal side while we were in Colorado. It's a pic of us with Wade's Father AND Grandfather!! It's really neat, to me, to have multiple generations in a pic b/c all my grandparents passed way either before birth or when I was young. So I think it's very special to have my kids in a picture with not only their Grandfather, but also their GREAT Grandfather!



Gravesite of Mildred and Blaine Schafer. My Dad's parents.

Nora with her cousins Hayden and Adelyn laying flowers on their great- grandparents grave.

I just love this shot! Audrey reflecting on the lives of her great grandparents. HA! Totally a pic by chance. Truth be told, She wasn't even that into putting flowers on their grave. It took some coaxing to get her to do it.

Wade's Patriarchs!! (L-R) Wades Grandpa Richard, Wade, Wade's Father Wes, me and the girls! One day I will have to scan in a pic of Wade's maternal Grandfather, they look JUST alike!

No comments: