Thursday, October 7, 2010

We have a NAME!


Yes, our baby girl #3 FINALLY has a name!  We actually agreed on her first name some time ago, but just kept forgetting to talk about the middle name.  BAD, I know!  What can I say? She is the third child.  She probably won't even have a baby book or any pictures taken of her...poor little girl!  Just kidding!  I plan on at least buying her a baby book, now filling it out, that's a completely different story!  HA! :)


Anyway, both of her names come from both mine and Wade's family history.  If you interested I am gonna tell you about her name!


ELISE ~ Elise is a name from my side of the family.  She is actually my Great, Great Aunt.  Thanks to my Uncle Bob and his geneolgy work, I have a HUGE black binder full of charts, stories, and pictures of my ancestors.  So finding info on her was rather easy.  From my understanding, Elisa was the oldest of 8 children.  She was born in Switzerland and only lived to be a couple months old. I loved the idea of honoring her name b/c her parents played a great role in who I am today.  They were the FIRST members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on my Fathers side.  They were baptized in Switzerland and later decided to come to America, in the late 1800's.  So they were my first ancestors (on my Dad's side) to live in the Great US of A!!  So basically I owe my citizenship and my religion, to Elise's parents!  I just think that is SO neat!  Elise never had a full life so I loved the idea of honoring her and who she might have been.


OAKLEY ~ Oakley Wade is Wade's maternal Grandfather.  Oakley graduated from Harvard University AND he was a member of the Colorado House of Representatives in the 50's.  Wade physically looks JUST like his grandfather.  I really need to scan his picture in.  It's truly remarkable how much they look alike!!  Wade has also admired his education and professional career.  I have known a couple little girls named Oakley, so it just seemed fitting to use as her middle name!  


We love the name b/c both sides of our family is represented.  Nora and Audrey have middle names form each side of our family as well!  Hope you like it, If not, no need to admit it!  HAHA! :)


As of now,  my C-section is scheduled for Nov. 29th!  In just a month and a half or so we will get to meet our little Elise Oakley! 

7 comments:

gapeach said...

LOVE it, Nicole! Beautiful...not overly common, and honoring both sides of her family--bonus! Nice work! (So, do you have any suggestions for a unique, but not weird, boy's name?? We're struggling!!!) :> Love ya!

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

beautiful name! very lovely!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I'm glad Wade was able to give in! LOL! Seriously, the name fits your family!

Nicole Bolinger said...

Thanks Ladies!! :) Glad you love it! :)

Katie said...

i love it!! great, strong name!

Lauren said...

Beautiful - love it and the stories behind it! I know you are excited and ready for her to come! Blessings!

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking of you this morning and wondering about that little girl. I think the name is beautiful! Wishing you and your sweet family all the best.
<3