So, it's kind of weird to know that I am gonna wake up in the morning and go have a baby! Baby Elise will be here around NOON tomorrow! I'm very excited yet a little nervous too. I guess I was a little nervous with Nora and Audrey too. But something about adding a 3rd child makes me worried. First, I'm worried about the c-section, more the recovery I guess. I've never minded that I have my babies by c-section. It's just the thought of having to recover with 2 other kids at home. I'm just thankful that my super helpful hubby will get the whole week off work AND that BOTH of my parents are here. My parents have already called shifts. My Dad gets the early shift to take care of the girls and my Mom gets the late shift...LOL! Their the greatest!
I'm also thinking about how weird it is when you first take your baby home. I remember when we took Nora home...Wade and I laid her down and then just looked at each other like, "what do we do now". Well, we know what to do and what's going to happen, but it's still a little weird that first day having an extra child.
Also, I worry about Audrey! She is such the "BABY". Now she's gonna be the middle child, dont' know how that's gonna work out. I'm not really worried about sharing my love and time, just worried about HER in general, like how she's gonna cope. Right now she ALWAYS wants to sit in my lap and she hates sharing me with Nora. Nora is a GREAT big sister so I'm not really worried about her, she'll be even better with Elise! :) It's the middle child syndrom I'm worried about. I've had 2 situations arise this week that has made me very aware of this. FIRST, I realized that I don't have a "baby's first" ornament for Audrey. Don't know how I missed this. We of course have one for Nora as she was our first. And I bought one last week for Elise. Maybe it's because Christmas came MONTHS after Audrey was born..IDK! But I feel just horrible about it. THEN, for the BIG ONE....we all went to get a Christmas tree the other day. When we get home, Nora got out of the car and Wade unbuckled Audrey expecting her to crawl out of the car and follow us in the house. Well, not sure who did it, maybe me, maybe Nora, but one of us closed the doors from the garage to the house not realizing Audrey hadn't come in. Well, about 5 minutes went by and then Audrey finally opens the door to the house just CRYING her eyes out. She was SOOOOOO upset! I guess she had a hard time opening both doors to get into our kitchen (one door to the laundry room and another door to the kitchen). As you know, the light goes out in the garage after a couple minutes too, So poor little Audrey was trying her BEST to open the doors in the DARK!!! And none of us even realized she wasn't in the house. BLESS HER HEART! I REALLY felt like crap. I just hope that forgetting poor Audrey is not going to be a regular thing. BREAK my HEART!!
Ugh! I am sure everything will fal into place once baby is here. I mean, I'm sure it will be WAY hard in the beginning, but I'm not the first mom to have three kids and I won't be the last.
I'll post pics as soon as I can!
4 comments:
All your concerns were very similar to mine when I was pregnant with Brett. Somehow you will ALL ajust to another baby. As for the baby's 1st ornament, go to the mall pick one out and put Audrey's name and birth year on it. She will NEVER know the difference. You will do great! If you need anything, I'm only a phone call away! ;)
Oh how exciting Nicole! I'll be thinking about ya tomorrow! I am sure the girls will do great - - I know it has to be hard thinking about and preparing for EVERYBODY'S adjustments to baby #3! So wonderful that you have your parents there for some help!! And great that the hubby is off for a week too! Can't wait to see pictures of new baby Elise! Good luck - - I know you'll do great!
Such sweet anticipation!! We'll be thinking of you tomorrow!
Good luck girl! Enjoy your mini-vaca at the hospital!! :)
Post a Comment