So late last night I was on etsy looking for a bday outfit for Audrey! Can you believe she will be 3 on Sunday...craziness!! Anyway, first was just looking at iron on's for a bday shirt. Then I found one so I decided that she needed something cute to put on the bottom I thought of a tutu at first, but then I thought some of those cute pants with ruffles on them would be perfect. But they would cost about $30 to buy them. SO I thought I would try my hand at sewing. I'm not a totally new to sewing, but I've never sewn anything "solo". My mom or a friend was always there to hold my hand. But, I figured it was time.
Once I'm up for a challenge it's a done deal. So I woke up this morning, went to hobby lobby and got my supplies. After a fun trip to fun city I came home put my 2 youngest down for a nap and sent Nora to the neighbor's house and got busy!! Wade came home cooked some dinner AND cleaned the kitchen AND got the kids ready for bed, just so I could finish these pants. He's been married to me long enough to know I'm a little obsessive compulsive. it's hard for me to stop a project until I'm finished!!
So here's the final project...
But, I'm more excited about this...
This is the iron on printable that I'm gonna put on a cute white shirt! Isn't it gonna go GREAT with those pants? We're gonna throw a party for Audrey on the 16th. Yeah, that's right...2 whole weeks after her birthday. I just couldn't get it together until...well, now! :) ha! I just have to figure out who to invite. Audrey is not like her older sister. She loves playing with friends, yes...but she doesn't make BBF's with every person she meets. A lot of times they are her sister's friends that she plays with...poor thing! There aren't any girls her age at church (Nora has about 7 girls her age at church). So I'm gonna invite her preschool class and hope that a few come!!


No comments:
Post a Comment