Sunday, July 24, 2011

Just Because

Just Because, I've been thinking about Nora...

The other day the girls brought their piggy banks to the bank to cash them in.  Well, they didn't really get to keep the cash. We deposited it.  We thought it was the smart thing to do as parents, but they were NONE too thrilled about it...at all!

Anyway, afterwards we all went for ice cream and Audrey brought in Nora's, now empty, little piggy bank.  During a little fit of Audrey's, she dropped the piggy bank and it shattered!  Nora was VERY upset about it!!  After a while, she was still talking about it and complaining, so Wade told her that she just needed to find a way to "move on".  She asked what that meant and I told her she needed to find a way to not think about it.  Her response was, "I can't NOT think about it."  We asked her why not and she said, "Because that's the way GOD made me...he made me smart so I can't forget about things".  

This CRACKED Wade and I up!  I mean, how can you disagree with such logic?!  Sometimes that little girl really is too smart for her own good.  She's very literal (which I think a lot of kids probably are at this age.  She calls me out on my mommyisms all the time.  Like if I give her some mommy reason she can't do something, she proceeds to tell me how she could literally do it.  She's not trying to be defiant...she just see's a way that she can do it and doesn't understand my reasoning.  I'm gonna have my hands full with her as she grows.  Teenage years...WATCH OUT! :)



I picked this picture of her to post because this is who she is!  That is HER look.  Her little  sideways mouth closed and slightly pouty.  Her messed up hair.  I'll tell her,  "come here and let me fix your hair" and she'll say, "No thanks, I like it this way".    She is totally in that age where she is showing her independence.  She wants to pick out her clothes, she just doesn't care about her hair.  She'll wear knee high socks with tennis shoes and a spaghetti strap dress...in the DEAD of summer.  She is oblivious to the mess that she creates and leaves behind.  She sleeps with A DOZEN stuffed animals and a couple books at  night. 

But, isn't that the way childhood should be? As frustrated as that little girl makes me, I am glad she has the determination to be herself.  And as much as I want to control her, I am glad she is comfortable in her skin and feels safe to express herself in her own home. 

She's a free spirit, that's for sure!!  If you need proof...stop by anytime of the day and see the funky outfit she's wearing and  watch her twirl around the room while singing in her LOUD, yet completely on tune, singing voice! :)  

She's the LOUD one of the family and our home wouldn't be the same without her! :)

3 comments:

AT THE LOVE SHACK said...

Love this picture of Nora and your words about her :)

AshleyCrouch said...

That is such a cute picture!!! She is an awesome little girl.

mjs said...

beautiful girl! you're such a sweet mama :)