Well, yesterday was my 3-0 Birthday!! Above are some pictures of some of my friends and the nights festivities! I can't help but wonder, if 40 is the new 30, then does that mean I am the new 20?! I must say it wasn't a bad day at all! Wade and the girls woke me up with Krispy Kreme donuts and then we just ran some errands and had a yummy lunch! Wade and my friend Kimberlee planned a little party for me but, it was somewhat a surprise. I didn't know what we were gonna do but I was excited. Turns out they planned a get together at a local restaurant that had a live band. We ate, had cake, danced, and yes I even sang. It wasn't Karaoke, but that didn't stop me!!
The band that was there was called "Chatter Box"! No, that wasn't planned, I guess it was fate to have such an appropriate name for the likes of me! ;) Anyway, my friend Kimberlee knew I loved Karaoke so she asked them if I could sing with them. Well, they asked me what song I wanted to sing. I had NO idea, I was kind of shocked and just then...FLASHBACK!!!! If any of my college friends are reading this than you know what I'm talking about. Suddenly I was back in college at the Pi Kapp house jumping on stage and singing with the bad. What was the song I sang....."Ramblin Man" by the Almond brother's bad. I actually think I sang that song with a couple different band throughout my college experience. So that is what I sang on my big 30th Birthday!!! Just to prove that I still got it!! I'm just as cool and crazy I was back in the day of no responsibilities.
Want proof?? Wade recorded the Band and I having a groove session after the song was over. Warning: I do look a little LAME, but cut me some slack...I'm 30!!!


12 comments:
You go girl! Happy 30th and welcome to the club. Love the tamberine. (How do you spell tambourine/tanberine?)
Your party was lots of fun. You should really consider joining the band. HAHA
Wish we'd have made it there. Looks like you had a good time. Happy 30th....
Happy Birthday! I wish I could have been there, it looks like you guys had SO much fun! Maybe we could do a Girls Night there soon!
HAPPY 30th! you look smashing in your scarf.
i can't wait to be 30 so that i can be more like you!
Happy 30th, Nicole! It's so much better than 20's. :o) Looks like ya'll had a great time. Wish we could have been there with ya.
Happy Birthday! I miss you and wish I could have been there to cheer you on! You don't even look close to 30 - Love ya.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I'm 2 days away from my big three o! I can't believe it, I think I stopped maturing at 25:) HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Here's to a magnificent next thirty years!!
Happy Birthday! It looked like ya'll had a lot of fun!! Your girls are beautiful--I really enjoy your blog--it's nice to keep up with you all!!
You did a great job singing. I think you were 10 times better than that band. Happy 30th!!!
It looks like you had a blast! And by the way....yes, 30 is definitely the new 20! I don't feel like I am in my 30's one bit. :)
Happy 30th!!
OMG I am so sorry I missed that. Nicole I sooooo want to be like you when I grow up :). Seriously you rock!
Post a Comment