Monday, September 22, 2008

Make NEW Friends but Keep the OLD

Just like many of you, I enjoy unwinding at the end of the day by watching a little bit of brainless entertainment known as TV! I have my favorites every season and so does Wade. If you know us at all as a couple than you know that we are complete opposites. That includes what types of prime time shows we watch. So about year 2 in our marriage we realized that we could easily spend a hours weekly in separate rooms in the evening. We decided that we needed to find some shows that we both like so we can wind down TOGETHER at the end of the day. This was hard to do until last year. We suddenly found a couple of shows that we both really like is both fall/spring and summer/winter seasons.




Goodbye to our old friends from the Summer season, but most will be back in the winter!



We Loved, Loved, Loved this show. We even watched season one online all summer. This is a really cool show and totally keeps you wanting for more. A not to mention great eye candy for the men or women! ;) So goodbye old friend, but no worries you have been picked up for the Winter Season. We will miss you most!



OK, Wade could have cared less about this show but I got sucked in. I am so over all the sex and gruesome nature of all those "other" drama shows. This show in on Lifetime and it really does talk about real life problems, mainly of that in the military. It's just about the lives of 5 innocent ARMY wives (Plus 1 army hubby). Check it out if you haven't watched it!






Monk is an oldie but goodie! This show and Stargate SG1 were the first shows that Wade and I could watch together! I didn't watch it in the beginning b/c I didn't get the Title. I mean who wants to watch a show about a monk. But it's really quirky and no disgusting blood and guts like those other detective shows. It just funny!





Why Hello my NEW friends of the Fall Line up!





Wade and I got all into this last season. It will totally fill the void in our prime time hearts that Burn Notice has left us. Chuck is actually more humorous! We all have a soft place in our hearts for the Geek next store. But, I totally think he's a cutie too! Is you didn't see it last season, YOU HAVE to watch it on NBC.




Last, but not least! Pushing Daisies! All I can say is that I love how last season started a trend of good hearted, upbeat programming! No sex, drugs, & rock and roll here. Wade and I thought this was such an original concept. The main character can bring people to life by touching them, find out how they died (or were killed), and them put them back to sleep by touching them again. The love interest was dead, he touched her, feel in love at first sight, and never touched her again so she could stay alive. So they are in love but can't touch each other. And in the end they catch bad guys with lots of other quirky stuff in the plot! It's fun! Watch it.



So, Now I ask you...What shows are you looking foward to this fall season???

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole, I honestly thought this was going to be some type of sweet message about all the new friends you have made in arkansas and about all your old friends! However I did enjoy learning about the tv shows :)

Jessica said...

We love Chuck (and most geeks) too, and we're so glad to see it back this Fall. Can't wait to see the Office tonight too. And the final season of ER. I was just about to give up on that show, but if it's really the last season, I think I can hang in there.

Joey Campbell said...

We like Monk, Psych, and Dexter (the edited one they show on CBS). I couldn't recommend Dexter as family viewing but it is a good show. I remember seeing commercial about Pushing Daisies but I have never watched it. As with Seinfeld, I am just beginning to watch The Office in reruns and it is a great show.

Laura said...

I tired Chuck...but couldn't get into it...Daisies is cute!! I liked that one:) What did you think about Grey's last night?! During the opening, I screamed NO so loud, Nate came out to see what was going on...LOL

The Grays: said...

Hey, I love Army Wives! I really want to catch an episode of Dexter and Chuck. But, we are really an HGTV family.
Oh, and I love staying at home with Sofi, although it's still strange to not get up and get dressed in work clothes and go to the office.

Jadie said...

I've been into The Office the past several years, but the premier last Thurs left me thinking, "eh." Thanks for posting about shows that are a little cleaner. Maybe I'm becoming more sensitive as Sierra gets older, but I've been longing lately for a little less "stuff", shall we say. I saw Pushing Daisies a few times last year and thought it was adorable. Gotta love Monk too! I'll have to check out Chuck...

Ginger said...

We love lots of those shows too. I'll have to check out Daisies...haven't watched that one. I did give up on ER last year, but maybe i'll have to tune in for the final season. We love prison break and LIFE. And Lost, and Kitchen Nightmares. yahnira and gary love Dexter. Have you seen that one?

Laura said...

Hey girl...I got your message:( I'm bummed I missed ya..I was at work and have to keep my cell on SBD (silent but deadly...lol). Anyway..can't wait to see what happens on Grey's next week...we'll discuss:)

Ashley Terry said...

My my my....what GREAT taste in TV shows you have! I won't lie, I'm not a bit suprised! You hit a lot of the ones I'm excited about (umm, well except for the embarassing addiction to Hannah Montanna I have...but we can talk about that later!)

Chuck is one of my favorites though! So good!