Monday, September 22, 2008

Table and Cars


I started another hobby recently! We have a small table in our kitchenette that was left in the house when we bought it. It wasn't in the best of shape but we didn't have another table to put there. I told Wade we should keep and I would refinish it and save us some money! So I finally did it. It took me a little longer than I expected and it still doesn't quite meet my perfectionist standards but i had to be done with it. I learned a lot with this project so the next piece of furniture I "fix" should be even better! What do ya think?



Before



During



After



Also, for those of you wondering what new car I got...I'll tell ya! We bought a Volvo XC-90. If you knew me when I lived in Bama then you know I was obsessed with this car a year ago. I finally got it and at a great deal. It is a 2006 and only had 13,000 miles on it. I think it was a program car or something. Anyway, we felt is was a good used car that will last us forever. Literally, I will be driving this car FOREVER!!


The funny thing is that last year we bought wade a Volvo off the "lemon Lot" on the AF Base. Again, great deal from another couple that was desperate to get ride of an extra car payment. Anyway, his car is the same color as mine. Inside and out. So we joke that we have "His and Her's" cars. We should tell people we did it on purpose! Aren't we CUTE!



Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Supershepherds said...

I know I'm not supposed to covet...but I am. Tee hee. How fun. Great job on the table too.

Shelli Allen Photography said...

nicole
hey like the new ride. btw, what was name of the country song on your playlist about little girls?

Jadie said...

The table looks lovely...as do the cars. ;)

Anonymous said...

Nicole! So...I was randomly clikcing links and I found your blog! (I will admit it - I'm a blog stalker..!) Anyways, I just had to tell you what a CUTE family you have! Also, I loved the 30th b-day post - you always have been a rock star ;)

I hope you don't mind if I continue to stalk (If you even remember me!) But I'm gald to see things are going so well for you!!!

Oh, and AWESOME job on the table! Impressive!

Joey Campbell said...

How did the green car magically appear back in the garage with the table?

Anonymous said...

The table does look so much better! I think you did a great job!

The Grays: said...

Too funny about your cars! Someone just brought this to our attention the other day: Simon has a black Honda Accord and I have a white one...We really didn't plan it or think about it, but it is still pretty funny considering us!
And, the table looks awesome!

The Copelands said...

Love the new car!! Nice! And great job on the table--it looks wonderful and I'm very impressed!