Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Awake, Arise, and Come unto Christ

So, I wanted to share a talk that was emailed to me by a friend. It is a truly inspiring and spiritually uplifting talk given by Sheri Dew. For those of you who are not familiar with her, she is president and CEO of Deseret Books and has held worldwide leadership positions within our church. She is a woman who has never married or had children despite her desire to do so; and yet she is still a huge advocate of the importance of family and of motherhood. In this talk she pleas with the Daughters of God to turn away from the world and turn to the Lord. She talks about the misconception in today's world of Successful Women. Rather than striving to impress man we should strive to impress God. The fact of the matter is, as daughters of our Heavenly Father, we are given the most divine role in nurturing, teaching, and raising His children so that they may return to him one day. That is the true measure of success!!

If you are a woman/mother...no matter what denomination. Her talk will touch and inspire you!

Please watch!

Here's the link:

http://www.byub.org/findatalk/opentalk.asp?TalkID=5770&talk=http://byubwmv.byu.edu/wconf/2008/dew.wmv

4 comments:

The Grays: said...

I love this! Sherry Dew is amazing! I am going to pass this link on...By the way, I love the picture of your girls on the front page!-San

Laura said...

This was AWESOME! Thanks for sharing it!!

5 girls rock said...

Hey Nicole
It was great to hear from you, and yes we do miss you guys. The girls are beautiful. We are all doing well in Las Vegas, Nevada the girls are growing bigger all the time. Keep in touch. Pamela

Sheryl said...

Thanks, I needed that. - Sheryl