Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Here's to the SUN

Well, after a couple weeks of CONSTANT rain and chilly weather (in MAY), The sun has finally come out and I think it's for GOOD!  The girls and I have been outside everyday since.  They L-O-V-E it out side!  
One day we played with our shadows and traced our body outlines.  The girls love anything they can write with, so combining sidewalk chalk with a sunny day is like HEAVEN to them!  We had a great day just hanging in the front yeard.  Loving days like that!

Today was the first time we got in the pool this summer (or spring).  My friend,Toni, has a neighborhood pool that has opened.  All other pools in the area don't open until Memorial Day weekend.  Both the girls love splashing around in the bath, but Nora was the only one truly enjoying the water.  Audrey sat on the stairs the whole time thinking about it! ;)  i just loved soaking up the sun.  I basically had to drag Nora out kicking and screaming, but she will have plenty more pool time.  Between the neighborhood pool and the pool at the Club I work at, we will be LIVING at the pool this summer!  Can't wait!
All I have to say is that I totally feel like a better mom when we hang out all day in the sun.  Does anyone else feel this way? It must be the vitamin D or something!  ;)  So, heres to the sun and all the joy it is gonna bring my family!!  Do you think I am excited it's FINALLY warm and sunny??? ;)
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

★♪♫¸.·*¨) Angie said...

Looks fun! Was the water warm?!

Yahnira Backus a.k.a. "Mommy" said...

I have to TOTALLY agree with you on this one!! I love the pool and it is so much fun when they get older and you don't have to keep a constant eye on them. :)

heidi said...

being in the sun all day makes me feel like a better mom too! perhaps it is fact that they are totally worn out afterwards and they immediately fall asleep that night?
and i LOVED glee.
and i have a dream about burn notice and i am DYING until it returns.

The Grays: said...

I LOVE warm weather and the girls look like they are having fun in the pool! It's been really hot here lately...

Supershepherds said...

Perhaps Nora will be an olympic swimmer one day. Oh how I miss pool time. Love having a house, miss the pool at the apartment complex.

Supershepherds said...

PS...Am I really NOT in your blog list? I'm so offended. (Does offended have 2 Fs or just 1?)

Jessica said...

Yeah, but isn't it supposed to rain/storm all week? I certainly hope not. Cute pics.

gapeach said...

I feel the exact same way--any day we can get outside and enjoy the sunshine, I'm in a good mood! It's very liberating for me. I can't stand being cooped up all day inside the house! It suddenly got cool and rainy the past week...and I'm ready for the hot sun! Bring it on!! :> Love you!
Lisa

Katie said...

where is my blogger friend?!?! come back!