Wednesday, August 31, 2011

How they play

So, In a previous post showing my house, I mentioned that my kids always play around me rather than in their play room.  It's crazy, but I kind of like it...shhhhhh!  But here is Exhibit A:


And Exhibit B:

It's really nothing fancy or anything to show off!  But, It's a playroom and a BIG one at that.  It has anything a kid could want.  A ton of toys, books, play clothes, a TV, DVD player, video games, and a couch for goodness sakes!!  What would make it even better would be the cutest little kidcraft play kitchen!  Oh, wait...I HAVE one....well, actually it's still in Arkansas, it didn't make it on the moving truck.  But, I've totally gotten over it, really..really, I promise! :)  

Also, I really love our toy box.  Yeah, take a closer look at it.  Yep, it's a big rubbermaid container.  And in gray no less.  Just another example of how Wade and I come from completely different worlds.  I was searching for the perfect toy box.  I was shopping online or searching for the perfect big trunk I could paint.  Ya know, something really big and cute.  Well, I guess I was taking too long and one Saturday Wade comes home with THAT!  At first I was like, "Oh NO he didn't" and then I was like, "I got other things to worry about"!  HAHA!  That man keeps me grounded sometimes! :)

Back to the purpose of this post.  So my kids have the WHOLE room to play in and where do they end up?  In my room, near me!  While I'm at  my desk working.  We'll used to be working on editing pics, but now it's more like working on my blog book or (to be honest) working on my obsession with pintrest...hehe!  Anyway, I'll be sitting at my desk (across from my bed) and this is what these two are doing behind me:

Elise had full on taken shoes out of my closet and put them on the night stand.  Strong, much there Elise?    You also can't see all the stuff she's pulled out of cabinets next to her.  Oh!  And you got to love the necklace tangled around her.  She doesn't seem to mind.


Now, I don't usually put Elise in the playroom, but Audrey is a different story!  She has no excuse.  Yeah, she went up to the playroom alright...just to get her dolls and little doll house and bring them down to my room.  She strategically placed herself on my bed as to avoid interference from her baby sister.  Audrey can totally play like that for hours, but I guess she just likes to be around us.  :)



I snapped this next shot one afternoon after Nora got home.  They were just hanging out with each other on the back patio. I just love how Elise is big enough to follow them around now.  She LOVES being around her big sisters.   It's almost as if I caught a little glimpse of them as teenagers or twenty-somethings.  Just hanging out, talking, enjoying one another's company!  LOVE it!

I especially love our outdoor furniture (aka camping equipment).  You know what would look GREAT out there?  A cute little table with a big red umbrella.  Oh my gosh, I have one of those, too!!  WAIT, it's in Arkansas as well.  Yeah, you guess it...didn't fit on the truck.  Notice, his camping stuff fit on the truck...LOL! But, really, I've TOTALLY moved on from that.  Promise!

2 comments:

Stevesr68 said...

That is too cute, in fact it should be illegal.

gapeach said...

I love it! You totally crack me up, Nicole...

Lisa