Well, let me say that there are a couple things in my life that I said I would NEVER do. For instance, I said I would never scrapbook...sure enough I caught that bug! I also said I would never do one of the at home show businesses like Tupperware or Pampered Chef....then Southern Living at Home comes into my life and I give it a go. And now, I have always said I would NEVER cut my own children's hair. I mean what am I some Molly Mormon that seeks after all things domestic???? Well, apparently I am in the running for Molly of the month b/c before I left on my trip I cut Nora's hair. Seriously, does it make sense to spend $10- $15 dollars for some woman to cut a couple of strands of hair off your 2 year old daughter's head? I think not! So I protested in my own way and sat Nora right in front of Dora or whatever, cartoon would hold her attention, and went to snipping!
Over the next couple days I kept cutting a little here and there to make it "perfect". I soon had to force myself to stop before her hair was up to her ears. I am just so obsessive, I felt it just wasn't perfect. But, I got over it and accepted the haircut as it was. The last picture is the finish product! I think I did pretty good for a first timer!!
5 comments:
You go, Molly! (jk-I cut my kids hair too--and can--and sew quilts (well just one, and it's not finished yet, and it pretty much sucks)). Which is all really shocking considering I WAS going to have a fabulous career, get married at 28, hire out all the cleaning, cooking, laundry--hmmm, that last part still sounds pretty good to me...
Lol! Brave one! I keep telling Jonathan that I'm going to take the clippers to Gabriel's hair. It can't be that hard to run the clippers on level 3 over his head, right? ;o) Besides, his grows so fast, and you can't get away with it like a little girl.
once again you amaze me. you are lucky to be a perfectionist, look what a great job you did!!!
plus, it helps that nora is amazingly beautiful!
Good job cutting her hair! I have a hard time paying someone to cut kids hair as well. I'm still trying to get it right and Lyndee is 7--it's about time I take her to someone else though. It's amazing what you do when you become a mom!!!
You done good!!
Post a Comment