Thursday, August 28, 2008

Nora's First Day of "School"


Nora and her teachers @ at the Open House. And Nora
and her handy Dandy Backpack and Lunch box!


A Pose to see her fantastic Backpack and then Nora @Play!

Posted by Picasa

OK, so It's not really school, but she has a lunch box and backpack so It's close enough for me! It's the Kids Day Out program and Springdale First Baptist Church. She goes on Thursday's form 9am-2pm. We hope to be able to do 2 days a week in the future, but there was only 1 day available when we enrolled! When I dropped her off this morning there were other kids there crying and clutching onto their mommies, but not Nora. she went through the door and Turned around, waved, and said, "bye, bye Mommy"! I mean she could at least have wiped off that huge grin on her face for a minute and pretend to miss me! ;) Seriously, I am really excited for her b/c I know she will thrive in an environment like that. She has always been so independent and I think she will probably listen to her teachers more than me. It will be a structured schedule every day, which Nora has always done well with. They will have a Bible story, craft, finger plays, songs, puppets, and other play time! Sound fun, huh?! I wish I could go!;)

Anyway, it's already been so nice to have a little bit of time to myself and to be able to give Audrey a little bit more attention other than constantly saving her from her from Nora who is constantly on top of her or in her face yelling. Poor Nora, she thinks she's playing and having fun with Audrey, but sometimes Audrey just wants to chill!! Anyway, I am excited to go pick her up to see how the day went. I just pray that Nora doesn't pee in her pants after their nap. I mean, literally said a quiet prayer this morning after I dropped her off!! OK, enough of my tangents! I'll post again on how it goes!! stay tuned....





I guess i figured out how to use the timer on my camera...so, here's a picture of Nora and I before school and I just threw one of Audrey and I for kicks!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! That's a long day for mom's morning out! I only get 9-12 for Gabriel's preschool. WHICH STARTS NEXT WEEK!! Woohoo!

heidi said...

dear fabulous mama,
sometimes i too still pee in my pants after a nap. life is rough.
love, heidi

Jessica said...

I love it when they have somewhere else to go for a little while. Let's do lunch or something when we're both toddler-free!